Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pretty Bows

These bows are very easy to make and you can use them for a multitude of different things.  You may ask, Shelby, what multitude of things can I use them for?  I would answer: Cupcakes, cakes, cookies, pretty much anything edible...or inedible (I can't think of any ideas for inedible right now, but I'm sure I could come up with a few).

Step #1 is to make your fondant.  As always I use MMF (check out April 2011, Birthdays Bring Out My Best for the link). 

Step #2 is roll it out to 1/8 of an inch.  (I made mine thicker so you can see it more easily)


Step #3 cut the fondant the width you want for your bow. Use a metal straight edge and a sharp blade.


Step #4 fold the fondant strips to the size bow you want and cut off the excess.  Press the piece together.










Step #5 take another strip and wrap it around the bow.  Press the ends together.










At this point you can leave the extra on (good for putting into a cupcake) or cutting it off (cakes and cookies).

And there you have it...a fondant bow.  Let me know how yours turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment