Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's All In The Preparation

I am a planner. I am one of the people who make list of my lists.  When I have a new project I first do some online research.  I make a folder of all the ideas I like.  Then I sketch out what I want to do...normally a combination of ideas I have found.

Here is an example:
Ideas I Liked

My Sketch

Finished Product

It turned out better than I expected.  The gymnasts were the most difficult part.  I definitely wanted them on top of the cake, but the execution was tricky.  I thought I had finished it, but my daughter told me it needed more "bling".  So, I spent a couple of hours adding all of the silver beading (edible...not real beads).

Here are some other sketches I have done:

                       Minnie Mouse Cupcakes               Ambulance Cake


                                Baby Shower Cake             Alice in Wonderland Cake

Bridal Shower Cupcakes (coming soon)

As you can see, the sketches don't always look exactly like the finished product.  Sometimes I come up with new ideas as I am working and sometimes I can't figure out how to make some of my ideas work.  I always enjoy the entire process, though!
                     





No comments:

Post a Comment