Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Friday, May 20, 2011

Easy Fondant Flowers

With the amazing interest in my cakes and the requests for classes and demonstrations I thought I would take a couple of blogs and give you some easy ideas to try out on your own.  I am going to start with some really easy flowers.  These seriously take almost no skill and in a couple of hours (or less) you can make an entire bouquet.  You can easily place these on top of a cake iced in buttercream and impress all of your friends with your new found fondant skills!

As always, I use MMF (http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Rolled-Marshmallow-Fondant).  As mentioned previously, I use clear vanilla extract instead of water...yummmmm. 
You can make these flowers just about any size.  Start by rolling a ball of fondant about twice the size of the flower that you want.  Using your fingers flatten out the fondant into a long oval shape.

 Roll the fondant lengthwise.


If you want you can cut off the bottom depending on what you are planning to do with it.  I kept it on the ones I used in the bouquet on top but cut it off on the ones I added to the sides.

Making them in multiple sizes will add to the visual interest.  I tried to make three sizes...Large, medium and small.  I used the smallest ones as "filler" after placing the large and medium flowers. 
I made the leaves by rolling a ball, squeezing it flat and then pinching one end into a point.  The vines I simply rolled into "snakes" and placed them directly onto the cake.  I will teach the twisty vines later (they add lots of impact and look spectacular on a cake).

The finished product.  This was a gift to my youngest daughter's preschool teachers.
What do you think?  Is this something you can try on your own?  Who is going to try it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment