Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Sunday, April 10, 2011

First Blog Ever...Success

So I have been talking about this for a while and finally decided to just go for it. 

There are TONS of things that I like to do.  I am craft crazy.  I am always looking for something that I can make instead of buy.  Not only is it cost effective, but it gives me a sense of accomplishment.  I think, "I am super awesome...I totally figured this out."

People are always asking me where I come up with my ideas and I am going to share my secret with you.  EVERYWHERE!!!  Most people look at an item and only see what it is.  I look at it and think of all of the things that it could be.

I also do lots of research.  My computer is my most helpful crafting tool.  I find something I like and then I try to make it.  Emphasis on the word TRY.  I mess up quite a bit, but I can be really successful, too.  I plan on sharing both with you so you can learn along with me.  Sounds fun...right?

So here is my first how to...
I first found these online, and since have seen them in some stores, but you still have to fluff them up.  They are soooo easy to make and you can make them in any color you need.

1. It takes about 20 sheets of tissue paper to make a really full one, but you can use whatever you have.  You can make them in multiple sizes for more impact.
2. Take your tissue and cut the ends into scallops.  It doesn't have to be perfect.
3. Fan fold the tissue.  You want the tissue to be about an inch wide.
4. Tie a ribbon or string tightly in the middle of the tissue.
5. Taking your time slowly pull the tissue toward the center one sheet at a time.  The tissue will tear easily, so be careful, but I just rip the whole sheet out if I tear it.


There you go.  These are so much fun to make and the kids really love to help.  They are a big decorating hit with party guests.

1 comment:

  1. Shelby- loved your 1st blog! I love that you are crazy creative & look forward to seeing what you come up with next! You go gurl :)

    ReplyDelete