Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Sun Will Come Out....Tomorrow?

I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but here in Pittsburgh we have had about a month of steady rain.  I keep hoping to get outside and get some yard work done, pull out the summer toys for the girls, and set up the patio furniture.  But alas, it is not to be.  Here I sit, on Easter morning, listening to the rain...again.

It got me thinking about the craft I did for the preschool class this year.  This is an awesome craft for any holiday (or random day, for that matter).  I will name it "Easiest Suncatcher Ever".

Supplies:
Clear contact paper (or any that you can kind of see through)
Tissue paper (or any paper or plastic you can kind of see through)
       *I have used so many different things, including easter "grass"
       ...use what you have
String or Ribbon
Scissors

This is what I had on hand.
Cut the contact paper into managable sizes.  You will need two pieces for each suncatcher.


Cut or rip your tissue paper (or whatever you are using) into small pieces.  I would make sure the largest pieces are no larger than a half inch.


Remove backing from one piece of contact paper and lay the sticky side down onto your pile of cut paper.  Turn it over and pull off any excess (this will help the two pieces stck to each other).  Remove backing from the other piece of contact paper and place it on top.  Make sure to press the two pieces together well.  Then  you can draw whatever shape you want to cut out onto the contact paper.

I made an Easter egg.
Cut it out, punch a hole it the top, and attach ribbon or string to hang it with.  I did this with my daughter's preschool class (4 and 5 year olds) and they could do all of the steps except the hole punching.  They are super fun and make great gifts!!!!

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment