Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cupcakes are SOOO Trendy

I promised cupcakes and here they are. I love the idea of a decorated cupcake...they are just sooo cute.  I'm not positive it is scientifically proven, but I'm pretty sure they have 50% less fat and calories than cake.  Pretty sure. 

These are strawberry cake with vanilla buttercream icing and marshmallow fondant ears and bows.

So, I did that big swirl of buttercream on top that you see on all of those cooking shows.  At least I tried, and that is all that matters.  I convienently decorated them to cover up any "mishaps".  Then I added all of the white buttercream dots.  Looking back I think it would've been more cute (cuter?, super cute?, the cutest?) to make the dots in white fondant.  I will try that next time.



Do you remember all of those black circles I made?  Most of those became cupcake ears.  I tried to just stick them into the buttercream and that totally didn't work, so I put toothpicks into the circles.



Then I stuck them into the cupcake. 
They looked even better than I thought they would.




Ohh, last but not least, they all got a bow.  I made the bows so they had a tab on the back (check out my last blog if you want to see a picture).  I stuck the tab into the buttercream.  This is one idea that I had that worked perfectly.

Ta-da!



2 comments:

  1. The ears remind me of Thin Mints. Now I am craving the Girl Scout cookies that no one bothered to sell to me this year. LOL. Seriously, though, the cupcakes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Shelby, next time I need a cake. Your going to make it :)

    ReplyDelete