Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Catching Up

So the first thing you probably noticed was that I changed the look of my blog page.  Last week I came on to write a new post and spent the next several hours playing around with the design instead...hence, no blog written, but beautiful redesign.

These past couple of weeks I have spent finishing some old projects.  It took total dedication and concentration.  Who am I kidding?  It took nagging and guilt.  Oh, and shopping bags...lots and lots of them.

On that note I am happy to report I have finished the recycled bag tote and it turned out better than I could have ever imagined.  It will be taking the trip with us to Maine this summer and I have high hopes that it will meet my expectations of the ideal beach bag.  And now you want a picture, don't you?

The bag measures 21" long by 17.5 " wide.
I stayed with the red, white and blue theme.  I ended up with a little extra blue at the end so I added a sassy flower to it.  Who says plastic flowers can't be trendy?

You know you want one!
Ok, so is this project worth the time, energy and recyclability?  (I know it is a made-up word).  Probably not, but it gives you some awesome bragging rights and you can customize it to your taste.  I let you know how it actually hold up at the beach!


Update:  Took it to the beach and it worked out PERFECTLY!  When we left the beach and continued on I used it as our dirty laundry bag.  Four people make a lot of laundry and I was really happy to have it.  I had tons of compliments on it and even demonstrated to one very nice woman how to make one.  It was just what I needed for vacation.  Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. Oh the disloyalty to our favorite store, you were cheating with the handy convenience of 'The Oversized Budgie ' weren't you?

    Seriously, it looks great and I'm motivated to start collecting pretty colored bags for the future.

    ReplyDelete