Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Are We There Yet?

Vacations are tricky.  Especially when you have kids.  The tricky part is making sure that you actually get to enjoy it. 

This year is our first REAL family vacation.  We have never taken one before...not all four of us at the same time.  I was thinking, "Shelby, how can you keep the girls busy on a budget?"  Because I want to spend my money ON vacation not FOR vacation.

I am obsessed with license plates from other states.  There was one on a Jeep at the mall the other day from Hawaii.  There was one in front of me earlier today from Texas. I don't know if this is something everyone does...but I do, and so my kids do, too.

Now, I can't take credit for the idea because my husband read about it online and then passed it on to me but it is genius.  It is so simple and easy.  I went to Google Image and searched US maps.  I had the girls pick out the one they liked and printed out copies.  Then I laminated them.  I have a laminator, but if you don't they have laminating pages that just stick together that work well, too.
The map the girls picked out.
Now, when you see a license plate from another state you just cross it off.  And even better, Crayola just came out with dry erase crayons!!!  Perfect for the trip!

Crayola rocks!  These can be used on glass, too!
The other side is blank so they can use it to draw or write notes to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment