Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Thursday, February 9, 2012

No cakes....What do you mean NO CAKES?!?!?!?!

This week I have no cake orders.  It is the double-edged sword of being a crazy creative person.  While I am glad to let my elbows rest (I seem to have gotten Tennis Elbow from rolling fondant) I have no creative outlet readily available.
What to do....what to do...
I honestly have at least 5 ongoing projects I could work on, but they hold no interest for me right now.  I want something new, something hmmmm.....
It isn't like I hide my crazy, but even so I find it hard to admit what I ended up working on.  It seems so mundane.  So expected. 
I went to work on my daughter's birthday party invitations.  The twist: Her birthday is at the end of April.  Please don't judge me.  I just couldn't help myself.  I console myself with the fact that sometime in the next 10 weeks or so I have saved myself from having to devote time to this task.  And, they turned out super cute.


6th Birthday Spa Party Invite
I used my Cricut with a couple of different cartridges, nailpolish, post-it paper, and puffy paint.  The invite is actually a treat box and the "nailpolish, mirror and lipgloss" go into the box.

Inside and Outside of the Box
I added all of the info to the inside lid
Extra info on the extras
The nailpolish bottle says, "We will be doing mani-pedis".
The mirror says, "We will be having all-natural facials."
The lipgloss says, "Please wear your bathrobe and slippers".

I wrote "Open Me" on the side of the box so no one misses all of this vital information.

Since the party is at noon I wanted to let the parents know I will just be serving cupcakes and ice cream and I always make sure to put my name for the RSVP.  There is nothing worse than having to call for "so and so's Mom/Dad".

My daughter loves them and that is all that really matters. 
Now what to do tomorrow....................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment